Over the last few decades, pet owners have raised concerns on what food items they should be feeding their pets and whether it would be healthy or not for them. A lot of pet owners feed their pets with local foods that are consumed by humans. Human beings are tolerant to a certain set of food products which may not be acceptable to the pet’s body and in most cases this results in the poor health of the pet.
The Veterinary Products Manufacturers in India take care to not use the following products while preparing the foods that the pets are fed on:
- Onions and Garlic: Onions are very toxic to dogs. They cause oxidative damage to the red blood cells, causing them to rupture which ultimately leads to anemia.
- Citrus: The citric acid found in fruits such as grapefruit, lemon, lime and orange can cause diarrhoea, vomiting and at the very worst end of the scale, depression of the central nervous system.
- Milk and Lactose: Some dogs may be lactose intolerant, resulting in stomach upsets like vomiting or diarrhoea. If your dog reacts strongly to milk products, it’s best to avoid them. Instead, you should feed probiotics to both cats and dogs which is good for their health.
- Chocolate: While dogs love the smell of chocolate, it’s toxic for them, and should never be fed to them.
- Fatty Food: If you’re looking at maintaining healthy weight of your dog, sweet and fatty foods should be avoided. Also, fatty foods can lead to illnesses such as pancreatitis.
- Salty Food: Salt is an essential component in your dog’s diet which helps muscle and nerve function. However, some dogs with chronic disease such as kidney, heart or liver problems may need to watch their salt consumption. It is always important to get advice from your vet regarding the diet of your pet.
- Raw Yeast Dough: While your dog can have small bits of bread, raw dough is definitely a no-no. As the yeast rises, it can cause gas in the dog’s digestive system, which is painful and may potentially rupture his stomach or cause gastric dilation and volvulus.
In the last decade there has been an increase in the sales of animal food products that are produced by Animal Health Product Manufacturers in India. This has been achievable due to the awareness amongst customers. There are companies that produce liquid powder supplements, probiotic supplements, powder supplements this forms the Indian Veterinary Products.
Most store-bought pet food come in either dry form, also known as kibble, or wet, canned form. The pets are fed either vegetarian foods or non-vegetarian foods. This is how the animal food industries produces its products with canned animal foods and dry biscuits food.
This post was written by admin